Monday, June 28, 2010

Capello Press conference, why Fab must STAY

Have just watched Capello on SkySports News for his final Press conference in South Africa - and have changed my opinion on him...

I know I said yesterday that he should go...but nowt is set in stone, is it?

Now I believe he should STAY. He looked to me like a man who had learned many lessons - yes, he agrees we should build with young players and I am sure he will weed out the deadwood and the stirrers. He looked contrite and even humble...the great Capello humbled! Whatever next...

But the main reason he should stay (apart from those 12 million smackers which, rather than being used to pay him off could be employed to more useful benefit like opening up the national centre for excellence in Burton) is that here is a man who had a point to prove.

For the first time in a distinguished career Fabio Capello is being viewed as a FLOP. He has the ideal motive to make England great again - to salvage his own rep - so give him two years to do it.

Two years to give us a team we can be proud of. A young team playing with vibrancy, urgency and passion for the shirt.

I believe it is a win-win situation if we keep him.