Wednesday, March 6, 2013

HOW FERGIE CONTRIBUTED TO THE DEFEAT

I AGREE that United were at an unfair disadvantage when Nani was sent off.

But I do believe they could have still gone on and won if they hadn't suffered a collective loss of heads.

Remember how Chelsea triumphed in Barca when Terry was dismissed?

Surely Terry was a greater loss than Nani - a peripheral figure on the wing rather than a key man at the heart of the defence?

Yet Chelsea went through and United didn't.

I think Fergie's meltdown on the touchline affected the team. When he needed to keep calm and encourage his men to also stay cool and on course, he turned into the Incredible Hulk. And you're not telling me that show of nerves and anger didn't transmit itself to the team?

No, if Fergie had stayed cool I honestly believe United would have coped better - rather than mirroring their boss and crumbling.