Thursday, December 20, 2012

BAYERN MUNICH SO ARROGANT RE ARSENAL CHAMP LGE DRAW

When Arsenal were drawn out of the hat with German giants Bayern Munich, you could see the delight on the Bayern delegation.

One of them said it was an easy draw and the other couldn't stop laughing.

I sincerely hope Arsenal stick it up 'em when they play in Feb and March!!

I remember similar sentiments from the Bayern camp when Man Utd were losing 1-0 against them in Barca in 1999. The loathsome Lothar Mattheus went over to the Munich supporters and raised his fist in triumph.

Just three minutes later he was on the ground shaking his head and in despair after United won 2-1 in stoppage time.

How I would love the Gunners to be able to pull off a similar miracle over two legs next year.

And make no mistake - it would be a miracle. Bayern are my favourites to lift the trophy.

They were good against Chelsea last May but have since strengthened and now have a powerful squad. I fear they will have too much for Arsenal, but I pray they don't have...

FRANK WORRALL