Thursday, January 24, 2013

PAT NEVIN AND EDEN HAZARD ARE A DISGRACE

I WAS shocked and saddened when I saw Eden Hazard kick a ball boy at Swansea last night.

This is a player who earns millions attacking a young lad who does the job for the joy of it.

OK the lad shouldn't have kept the ball, but that is no excuse for Hazard to assault him.

I think Hazard is lucky not to be facing an assault charge today.

And I think Pat Nevin is lucky not to facing the sack as a pundit after he outrageously defended Hazard on TV this morning.

I don't know what Nevin was thinking of  - probably a misplaced loyalty to Chelsea from his playing days there - but he was out of order and very wrong.

Hazard has apologised and Nevin now needs to follow suit - and quickly before his reputation suffers any more damage.